Find your future at Fitzroy
We are a privately-owned metallurgical coal mine in the renowned Bowen Basin of Central Queensland. Our team is made up of individuals who want to deliver value through innovation and who are given the opportunity to put their potential to work. We are nimble and ever evolving and have an exciting opportunity for a Safety and Risk Coordinator to join our team.
About the role
Forming part of the Health, Safety and Risk Team, the Safety & Risk Coordinator is responsible for the provision of support and advice to site departments of the mine relating to safety and risk management. Responsibilities in this position including the application and monitorisation of site incident and hazard reporting processes and site risk management processes.
Fitzroy Requirements – attitude is everything
Our workplace is dynamic and open to challenging thought and driving change. To be successful in this role you will have qualifications in a Mining related discipline and experience in underground coal mining is preferred. To be a successful candidate you will be a strategic thinker with superior reasoning and problem-solving skills and excellent interpersonal skills.
Key Responsibilities of the role will include:
- Support and improve standard of investigation, incident and hazard reporting by coaching and mentoring department leaders.
- Support and assist with development and review SHMS documentation as well as participation in Document Control processes and SharePoint updates as required.
- Coach and mentor operational departments with safety and risk related matters including legislative advice including (facilitate RA’s, procedural reviews and ICAM’s).
- Maintaining systems/databases within the HST department (SISPAV, Bowtie XP).
- Attend site planning and meetings to ensure safety and risk tasks are communicated and coordinated across the business.
- Hazard/ Incident data entry management and tracking sheet update and analysis for reporting purposes.
- Monthly distribution, collation, and quality assurance of site critical control activities.
- Maintain Health and Safety reporting requirements in line with operational requirements including the delivering of Safety & Risk Cordinator reports and guidance to department leaders for safety actions (SISPAV).
These roles are Moranbah based; providing great lifestyle options just 2 hours from Mackay and the Whitsunday coast.
- Choose to live in Moranbah and receive accommodation assistance or choose DIDO/FIFO with accommodation provided in Moranbah or Coppabella while on shift.
- Great 9-day fortnight roster – 5/2 -4/3
- Great salaries to attract and retain the right people
- Generous staff performance bonus
- Subsidised health insurance
- Salary sacrifice available for novated car leasing and FIFO flights
- Income protection insurance
- Onsite physiotherapy appointments and vaccines for flu and COVID
- Personal development encouraged with reimbursement for approved study programs
- Healthy lifestyle support through gym and sporting club membership subsidies
Got what it takes?
To be successful in this role you will have the following skills:
- Three (3) years practical experience in safety and risk management systems in Coal mining
- Demonstrated practical experience in the application and maintenance of SHMS, Risk Management System, Investigation and incident management and relevant database and Contractor Safety System Management
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety
- Qld Coal Mining Supervisory Competencies and facilitate the risk management processes including:
- RIIRIS301 – Apply Risk Management Processes (S1)
- RIIWHS301 – Conduct safety and health investigations (S2)
- RIICOM301 – Communicate information (S3)
- RIIRIS402 – Carry out the Risk Management Processes (G2)
- TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (preferred)
- Internal Auditor qualifications (preferred)
- ICAM – BSBWHS505 & RIIWHS301D
We are careful when selecting people to make sure that we get the right “fit” and that we select people who share our values and ambitions. If you think that you have the necessary qualifications, experience and passion and Fitzroy sounds like the right place for you, apply now!