Find your future at Fitzroy
We are a privately-owned steelmaking coal mine in the renowned Bowen Basin of Central Queensland. Our team is made up of individuals who want to deliver value through innovation and who are given the opportunity to put their potential to work. We are nimble and ever evolving and have created exciting new opportunities for others to join us on our journey.
We are currently seeking a motivated and experienced Training Manager to join the team with Fitzroy Mining Operations. As the Training Manager, you will devise our organisational training strategy, oversee its implementation, and assess its outcomes in line with the business’s objectives. The role will be accountable to provide an understanding of the current legislative and industry direction from their involvement with key stakeholders, internal and external to the business.
Key Responsibilities of the role will include:
- Design and implement the training strategy for the business in consultation with key stakeholders.
- Ensure that the mining operations Training, Competence and Awareness Schemes are implemented and compliant by designing an ongoing governance program.
- Monitor and evaluate training program’s effectiveness, success and return on investment periodically and provide a report to leaders with business including improvement opportunities
- Manage training budget
- Manage the technologies and technical personnel required to develop, manage and deliver training as well as coaching of internal leaders to set standardised training activities and training expertise across the organisation
- Ensure standardisation of the ongoing management and control of the sites learning management system (LMS) and provide input into and implementation of upgraded or new safety and training software platforms.
- Provide resources to development and implement the operations training needs analysis (TNA’s) including records management and provide detail in relation to training into the operational sites Safety Health Management Systems (SHMS’s).
- Develop training and governance processes to achieve legislative, Fitzroy and site-specific requirements.
Fitzroy Requirements – attitude is everything
Our workplace is dynamic and open to challenging thought and driving change. We are looking for a new team member who will bring energy and enthusiasm together with the relevant technical skills. You will have at least 3-5 years’ experience with underground coal mining and be able to demonstrate expertise in Training Management. You will have the necessary accreditations and competencies to work in this environment.
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate a passion for developing our employees in the highest standards of safety and training for competence and hold the following:
- Degree qualified in training / education discipline
- Enterprise Trainer & Assessor Skill Set or equivalent
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in training and development management (essential).
- Demonstrated ability to deliver training strategy that aligns with current industry and legislative requirements.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Queensland Coal Mining Legislative Framework including the training requirements called up in the Act and the Regulation pertaining to site requirements
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, SAP and Pegasus experience is highly desirable
- Knowledge of computer-based Learning Management Systems
- Team player
This role is Moranbah based; providing great lifestyle options just 2 hours from Mackay and the Whitsunday coast.
- Choose to live in Moranbah and receive accommodation assistance or choose DIDO/FIFO with accommodation provided in Moranbah or Coppabella while on shift.
- Attractive 9-day fortnight roster – 5/2 -4/3
- Great salaries to attract and retain the right people
- Generous staff performance bonus is paid
- Subsidised health insurance
- Salary sacrifice available for novated car leasing and FIFO flights
- Income protection insurance
- Onsite physiotherapy appointments
- Personal development encouraged with reimbursement for approved study programs
- Healthy lifestyle support through gym and sporting club membership subsidies
Got what it takes?
We are careful when selecting people to make sure that we get the right “fit” and that we select people who share our values and ambitions. If you think that you have the necessary qualifications, experience and passion and Fitzroy sounds like the right place for you, apply now!