Fitzroy is investing capital in equipment and infrastructure for its future with the commencement of the Ironbark No.1 Project!
We currently have an exciting and rewarding opportunity for Underground Deputies to join our team at Fitzroy Mining Operations. Reporting to the relevant department Superintendent and Shift Supervisor, as an Underground Deputy you will be responsible for the execution of daily and weekly plans as dictated by the planning teams, ensuring compliance with legislative requirements, managing personnel to safely achieve production targets and providing accurate reports on both safety and production.
These roles are Moranbah based, providing great lifestyle options just 2 hours from Mackay and the Whitsunday coast.
- Attractive accommodation options: Choose to live in Moranbah and receive healthy accommodation assistance or choose DIDO/FIFO with accommodation provided in a camp or in the local township
- 7/7 Roster
- 12% Super paid on all hours
- Great salaries to attract and retain the right people
- Generous performance bonus schemes
- Subsidised health insurance
- Salary sacrifice available for novated car leasing and FIFO flights
- Income / life / disability protection insurance
- Onsite physiotherapy
- Personal development encouraged with reimbursement for approved study programs
- Healthy lifestyle support through gym and sporting club membership subsidies
Key Responsibilities of the role will include:
- Ensuring compliance with all relevant statutory requirements and carrying our statutory inspections.
- Ensuring both permanent and contract employees work safety and efficiently whilst carrying out their duties with due regard for quality of work.
- Enforcement of mine standards.
- Ensuring shift targets are met
- Clearly define and communicate performance goals and provide regular and objective feedback on performance.
- Providing leadership to development teams including coaching, support and training on sequence control processes.
Got what it takes?
To be successful in this role you will have a Queensland First, Second or Third-class Certificate of Competency or a Queensland Mutual Recognition. Or if you are willing to work towards achieving mutual recognition of competency from NSW to QLD. You will be able to think laterally, have strong problem-solving skills and excellent communication skills.
We are careful when selecting people to make sure that we get the right “fit” and that we select people who share our values and ambitions. If you think that you have the necessary qualifications, experience and passion and Fitzroy sounds like the right place for you, apply now.